cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to IB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to login into the IB whereas I could do it in the Abap Stack with the same user. We are Using PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 SP09.

can any one kindly suggest me on this?

Thanks & Regards,

Chaitanya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Some probable steps that you can try doing are:

- It is recommended to have a minimum of JRE 1.4.2 or higher. But it’s better not to have JRE 1.4.2_10 and above as it has been noticed to throw errors.

- To avoid auto updates of J2SE to higher versions go to the control panel and open the Java Plug In icon. Browse to the update panel and uncheck the checkbox for Check for Updates Automatically.

- Open Web Start and go to Preferences. In the General tab you will find 3 radio buttons for proxies. Select the None option.

- Try clearing the cache folder Java Web Start>File>Preferences>Advanced>Clear Folder and then try downloading the jar files again.

Also go through the following links:

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/11/27/java-web-start

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

I have already tried all the blogs mentioned by you, and also now i have installed the JWS version 1.4.2_09, but still the problem persits.

thanks for the information.

Regards,

Chaitanya.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i just checked ...

once my team had a similar problem and we went lower down the version and finally j2sdk1.4.2_01 brought us success.

make sure you uninstall all Java version and install the mentioned version. Give it a try .. Might work !!!

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Can you check whether the right version of Java web start is configured in your machine.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Are you still facing the Issue,

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss,

I still face the same issue. I have JWS version 1.4.2_12 installed on my machine and I have also checked the blogs mentioned by Shabrish and everything seems to be fine. but the issue still persists. kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Chaitanya.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you install JWS in your machine?

IB is a fat client and needs JWS to cache the contents on IB>

Are you able to view the XI home page from SXMB_IFR? If no, check if the host file entry has been made in your machine.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

JWS is installed and i can launch the SXMB_IFR home page.

Do i need to check any where else?

Thanks & Regards,

Chaitanya.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

have a look at this troubleshooting guide !!