cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Third party software with SAP ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Its little urgent!!!

I have an overview of XI. Currently we have scenario like Third party tool is there which i want to connect to SAP through XI.

Can anybody provide answer my few queries?

1. Step by Step guide for configuration.

2. Basis configuration from SAP side.

3. Anything else is required??

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know ID, IR, SLD etc. in brief.

Can you provide step by step guide for transfering the data considering XML files are with me?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These blogs should be useful,

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check this blog...

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Regards,

Jai Shankar

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

In you case, it's a file to file scenario.

Go thro' this link for a solution:-

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is i am not much aware of these concepts but if possibly i will get XML files readymade and then i would require to transfer the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>>The thing is i am not much aware of these concepts but if possibly i will get XML files readymade and then i would require to transfer the data.

I dint get what you are saying. But if you can get the FTP running on the system, you can very easily use file adapter in XI to pick the xml file from the system and do further processing with the data.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

System has been developed into ASP and i want to pull the data out from it (Client might create XML files).

and transfer to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to run a FTP demon on the system you need to connect? If so you can use File adapter and poll the XML files easily.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can get the ASP application to publish XML files, then there will not be any major issue. You can use XI's file adapter.

Also, a very important point you need to find out/ be aware of is whether the calls will be asynch or synch calls? If it is asynch calls, using File s would be a good option. If it is a Synch call, then consider using proxies.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Third party tool????? Can you say what that tool is? How do you need to extract data from the tool?

Regards,

Jai Shankar.