cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Installation vs. Domain Installation and Local SLD vs. Central SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm implementing Integrated CRM System using SAP. I'm going to install CRM, Netweaver Portal, BW, XI and Solution Manager. Each application will be installed on different server. Due to inaccessability to Domain Controller, I could not perform domain installation. What is the impact since the only choice that I have is to perform Local Installation?

Also, what is the impact if I were to perform Local SLD on all the installations above?

Thank you.

Rgds,

Hapizorr Rozi Alias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings . . .

Installation without access to the Domain simply means that your <SID>adm users are now local to the respective machines.

As for provisioning an SLD on every NW instance you are building - this may prove to be more SLD infrastructure then you need - and implies that you will be moving certain data between SLD instances.

The general guideline from Development is to implement as few SLD as needed. Have you seen the SLD Planning Guide on SMP?

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700003772322006E

it is helpful in determining how many SLD to deploy and where.

best regards,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alias,

If you go for a local SLD then your sld will be installed on the same server where your WEBAS engine is installed.All the objects will be imported on that server.Later on you can add other instances onto the SLD of your machine if it is in domain.

If there is some central SLD available you can register your instance there for ex:sldmain.wdf.sap.corp is the central SLD.Then you can register your instance in this SLD if you know the username,pwd etc for that central SLD.