cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between SRM WF & R/3 WF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have worked SRM WF and R/3 WF. still now i don't see any difference between these two workflow's

( Technically ). Now i get some doubts ,

is there any major difference between SRM WF and R/3 WF ( Technically and functionally ) ?

Thanks,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Technically whetever is there in SRM W/F is almost possible in ECC W/F.

This includes functionalities like Approvals on user-interface, Agent determination from Org structure, creating customized workflow from the standard workflows etc.

However one major difference i have observed between SRM and ECC W/F is in SWDD, an additional step type 'Adhoc Anchor" is available in SRM which is not available in ECC.

This Adhoc anchor is used for dynamic agents addition(Like Add Approver/Add Reviewer in Approval Preview).

Please reward points if this is helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well the workflow experts conveyed most of the differences already..

1) The Agents in SRM are determined from SRM Organization plan (PPOMA_BBP).

2) Please note that all these feedbacks are valid only till SRM50. The concept changes in SRM60 with the introduction of BRF in workflow. However, BRF is also generic concept across SAP applications.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

is there any way to get agent from the SRM Organization plan in BRF?

Regards,

Raju

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John,

R/3 and SRM use same SAP Business Workflow Engine in Basis. So the technical under layer is same.

SRM has more functions.

+ Application UI is Web base (ITS)

+ Many WF templates for many scenarios

+ Approval preview - Applet and Table

+ Adhoc Approvers/Reviewers

+ Start condition Editor

+ SRM Inbox - short cut approval

+ Dynamic Workflow approval steps and agent determination - BADI

+ etc...

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically speaking the SAP standard worklfows available in SRM are powered by the standard BADI's provided. It's almost hard making copies of the existing SAP one's and develop our own customized solution from them. The template number's are hard-coded through out their developments. Hope this helps you...

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Workflow engine belongs to basis and aba component. so for equivalent release, it's the same in SRM and R/3.

Only difference is that workflow is involved in major process of SRM. In R/3 it is provided as an option.

Rgds,

Pierre