cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web AS version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I'm confused with SAP NetWeaver versions and its components versions.

Is there any place that indicates you with component versions are included in which Sap NetWeaver versions??

For example, SAp NetWeaver 2004 contains Web As 6.20 or 6.40?? Which NWDS version can be used in Sap NetWeaver 2004 ??? It seems that component version in Sap Netweaver 2004s are called version 7.0 rite???

Anyway, which version can be used in which ???

Thanks a lot in advance guys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

Netweaver 2004 runs on the Application Server 6.40

Netweaver 2004s runs on the Application Server 7.00

If your java engine is 2004 engine, then your NWDS will need to be 2.0.XX version where XX is the SP level of your engine.

If your java engine is a 2004s engine, then your NWDS will need to be, I think, 7.0.XX, where XX is the SP level of your 2004s engine.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich

I have to thank you so much for your answers. Here I come again )))

1) So it means that everytime I update my WAS java engine (stack) let say to 13 SP level, I have to update my NWDS to 13 SP level too, rite ??? what happens if I just leave NWDS as before ?? and what happens if I update my NWDS to 18 ???

2) Do I require to updated my JDK on my labtop based on the fact that I update my NWDS to next SP level ???

Thanks a lot Rich

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph, you will be an NW expert by the time we are done.

1) Yes, the rule is to keep the engine and the NWDS in sync. What will happen if they are out sync, there could be build problems. For example, say you engine is at SP13 and you upgrade your NWDS to SP18, lets say that SAP has changed some stuff in SP18 which is dependent on the server side and does not exist in SP13, you can see that we would have some problem here, right?

2) Short answer is, not if it doesn't call for it. THe installation will usually tell you what it needs, and from experience, I must say that you will not see a jump in the JDK between SP levels, maybe between releases, but not SP levels. This is my experience.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

WebAS 6.20 was the basis layer for R/3 4.7. 6.20 is pre-NWDS.

Regards,

RIch Heilman