cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIX vs the Admin API - what works best for you on Solaris/Linux/HP-UX?

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM Administrators,

I'm interested in hearing what works best for your periodic, automated MDM Administration needs on a non-Win32 OS. (operations such as periodic Slave-Syncing or Production Mirroring, Repository "bounces" to update indices etc).

1. CLIX scripts - specifically did you choose to live with the Unix based limitations, or do you execute your scripts "remotely" on a Win32 client? Your scheduling tool of choice?

2. Homegrown utilities written using the Java Admin API? Deployed as POJOs or J2EE apps?

3. Any other creative approaches?

MDM is a new animal to our Basis team, with few recommended Best Practices for non-Console Administration.

Your insight/expertise is much appreciated.

Thanks,

..Dee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dee,

related only to your question no. 2

What homegrown utilities written using the Java Admin API you mean ? Do you already have such utilities ? Or do you suggest developing such utilities ? For what purpose ? In which shipped jar file did you find some good APIs for your utilities ?

Only as a remark: as I can see, the MDM Administrator is more likely to be an MDM role closer to the MDM business operations. I believe the above 1-3 questions would be more related to MDM System Administration (like R/3 Basis).

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Regards.

Laszlo.