cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc File -> SAP R/3 packaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario in which a file with salesorders has to be send to SAP R/3 (using the Idoc salesorder_createfromdat202).

I have changed the definition of the Idoc to unbounded and the mapping works fine. Since we have to process quite a lot of order (20.000 in a run), performance is important. At this moment XI logs on to SAP R/3 for each individual sent Idoc (so 20.000 time a log on to SAP R/3).

I want to sent the Idocs in packages to SAP R/3 (e.g. 500 Idocs in 1 package), but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

Furthermore what happens if the file contains 700 salesorders and the package size is set to 500?

Help is very much appreciated and rewarded!

Kind regards,

Léon Heutmekers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can do this, by changing the occurence. Also look into this guide-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I already read that guide but that doesn't solve my problem.

My scenario works fine: I have no troubling handling a file with multiple salesorders en create Idocs for them. The problem is that I need to be able to specify a package size to prevent XI from logging on to the SAP R/3 system for each individual Idocs that has to be posted.

Kind regards,

Léon.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you changed the idoc occurance

as per my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

and it logs for each idoc or one package?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

Yep, now it logs for each Idoc, probably because I didn't set the package size at this moment (that's was the question: I don't know how I can make XI post the Idocs in packages and log on just once for each package).

Kind regards,

Léon.