cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save PDF form to a KM Folder in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have a requirement to save ADOBE Form to KM folder in portal and again access that form for changes.

Thanks,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

just a bit of rather high-level input: What you want is possible from a technology point of view, i.e. NetWeaver provides you with all the tools you need, but essentially you need to build an application that does all the things you want from scratch.

Interactive Forms has no standard persistence mechanism for the generated PDF forms, as the way such PDFs are handled differ from app to app, from customer to customer, and NW isn't able to accommodate all wishes. Some of the SAP applications provide mechanisms sich as storing files in KM or Records Mgmt, but this is limited.

You will need an application that

- generates the PDF

- assigns the PDF to a KM folder (after editing?)

- allows the retrieval of the PDF from KM and editing

- presumably, at some point send the data entered in the PDF back to the database (before archiving the PDF permanently?)

So the forms aspect is only one of the important ones, developing on top of KM the other.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

On the requirement of saving the Document in KM, we have an application with Adobe as one of the component.

We are right now, providing a local path and the PDF is saved out at that particular location.To proceed towards our goal of saving the document in KM, what should we our next step.

Could anybody(who have exposure or expertise) provide inputs on this requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharath,

Do you have sample code to save pdf to local folder. Please provide me .

Thanks,

Manish