cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database connection from EJB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

With the NW developrt Studio from Web AS Preview Installation I have created a little application. With the installed sapdb it works fine. The EJBs access the database and get/set there the data properly. Now I want to use another database like Mysql or Oracle. Will I have to add the new database to the JDBC Connector in Visual Administrator or can I change to a not with the sap system installed database only by changing the data-source-aliases.xml? What do I all have to do to get this application work with other databases?

Thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SidBhattacharya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think you will have to add the Datasource in the Visual Admin since this new DB will have a different driver class (and possibly different URL, uname, password). Link the data-source alias to this new Datasource.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have created a new data source for a MySQL database in the JDBC Connector Service. When initial connections are set to 0, it seems to work. Now I wanted to try if the database can be accesed by setting initial connections to 1. With this settings, I get an error:

ResourceObjectFactory.setSecurityContext(), Exception: com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseResourceException: ConnectionFactory "Domains" does not exist

"Domains" is the name of the data source that I have created. If I change the users password, I get an unauthorized access error. So I'm certain that the Driver Settings, User Settings and the database URL are correct. Could somebody tell me, what there is possibly still wrong?

Thanks for help.