cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM Mapping problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CCM Gurus,

We are using CCM 2.0 and SRM 5.0. I made some new heading characteristics (the same level like the default characteristics, not schema, not category characteristic), but when I made the mapping (category-category) these data not mapped to the target catalog except the data of the default characteristics. I can't understand what is the problem. Any idea???

Thanks and regards

Almos

Message was edited by: Álmos Paksi

Message was edited by: Álmos Paksi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Almos,

I have experienced more or less the same. I created a custom characterisitic and uploaded it in the schema of the supplier catalog, master and procurement catalogue. However, once uploading the supplier catalogue the information of the custom characteristic was not mapped.

In order to solve it I mapped the full schema from the supplier to the master and from to the master to the procurement. That is to say, I mapped from the begginig the schema not only the categories but also the content. Then it worked

The characteristics are created at the schema level and consequently, unless you map (categories and content) the supplier catalogue from the very top of the schema or the information is not transmitted.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Almos: as I understand, you added some custom characteristics at catalog level - where all /ccm/* characteristics are maintained. Now these characteristics are not "taken" by the assignment/mapping. Hmm...

One solution is to map these characteristics manually, one by one. Another solution - assign them to schema level, instead of catalog level, and then do the automatic mapping. Yet another option is to open an OSS message (if you REALLY need those chara's at catalog level, and feel that the mapping issue is a bug).

The reason for your issue could be that standard /ccm/* characteristics (that reside at catalog level) are pre-mapped by default, and maybe SAP never bothered to process any other catalog-level characteristics during automatic mapping.

I've always tried following an unspoken rule to assign custom characteristics at schema and category levels only. Having said that, the distinction between assignment at schema and catalog levels has never been clear to me, nor did anyone I asked, including SAP guys, know the difference.

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Serguei,

It seems to be, that the category level custom characteristic is acting just as a repository in the catalog, so we couldn't use for mapping, except if you assign to schema or category level.

Regards

Almos