cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI XML related error message and crash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem, when I try to open a text, for example in ABAP Workbench or a method in Class Builder, the following error messages come up:

"Load XML Malformed XML Error. XML document must have a top level element.", afterwards: "Language files could not be located" and then the GUI freezes.

I completely removed the SAP Front End, and then reinstalled SAP GUI 6.40, but the problem still remained. Does anybody know which file could have been hurt, or what sould I reinstall, how could I find the bad file ? Currently I have no time for experimentation of insallations, that's why I wrote here, perhaps somebody has idea.

Regards, Attila

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add one more step to this, restart your GUI after changing to the old editor. Then after restarting select the new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I know, this is quite an old thread, but I'm facing a similar problem since some days.

Since we upgraded our SAP GUI from 7.10 SP4 to 7.10 SP13, some of our developers get an error pop-up, every time, when they start the new ABAP editor. Once the error appeared with the new editor it pops-up with the old one, too.

The pop-up text:

"LoadXML Error Malformed XML Error"

"The remote storage service could not call back the file"

Unfortunatly, I cannot reproduce this problem on my PC.

We already tried to clear the SAPworkdir, which helped at least ONE user. But most of the other developers are still facing this problem.

Our next option would be to downgrade again to SP4, but we would like to avoid this, as we need at least SP9 for PI 7.11.

Any hint is highly appreciated!

Regards,

Fabian

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can refer Note 891549.

Or rename the directory "ab4_data" in folder C:\Documents and Settings\USERID\SapWorkDir\ then change your settings from 'New Editor' to 'Front end editor' and back.

The folder should be recreated and the xml files are updated.

Cheers!

KSM