cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message in Alert from BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have control step that sends Alert. The messasage contains BPM containers as &varilable&.

Alert catergory has been defined in ALRTCATDEF with Workflow type but I don't see a message from BPM in Alert Inbox.

What do I need to add into my alert category in order the message is to be displayed in Alert Inbox?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try this blog

Steps to Get Descriptive Alerts from BPM in XI /people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

add points if solved

kiran

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you have a look at my weblog?

try the same alertcat definition as in my weblog too

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot Dynamic message check box but the message still doen't appear. Do I have to refresh SXI cache? Or reactivate process?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

do you have the same alert classification ?

(webflow alerts) ?

BTW

can you check your process if the alert is getting executed - in the workflow log?

did you compare the rest of the steps as per my weblog ?

Regards,

michal

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Check Michal's blog on trouble shooting ALERTS:-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Also check the step by step guide on ALERTS:-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see the message in Inbox, Alert is triggered sucessfully.

Alert has type - Workwlow alert.

Description contains number of process, but there is no long text (in Alert Inbox).

Message was edited by: Denis Ivanov

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use <b>webflow</b> alert as per my weblog

Regards,

michal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>but there is no long text (in Alert Inbox).</i>

In your BPM, in the Control Step, did you fill some message in the field -- <b>Alert Message</b> . The data you give in the alert message is the Alert Text you will see in your Alert in the Alert Inbox.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> did you fill some message in the field -- Alert Message

Of course I fill it. Filds <b>Description</b> and <b>Long text</b> are empty in Alert inbox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

If you wish to get the message you specified in the Control step, then you should check the "Dynamic Text" checkbox in your AlertCategory.

Move to Transaction->ALRTCATDEF -> select the Alert Category-> Check DynamicText.

Let us know, if its solved.

Regards

Dhanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem as Denis. I created an alert category with dynamic text. As alert classification I have set WEBFLOW (this type wasn't part of the standard classifications, so i created it). In my BPM I trigger the alert within a control step. The alert is thrown, I can see it in the alert inbox, but without description an without long text. As short text I see the name of the category and the string "(Die auslösende Anwendung hat Sie als Empfänger bestimmt)".

Can anybody help to fix my problem?

@Denis: Have you solved your problem? How?

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

And? Anyone a solution for this problem? I've got the same one.

Thanks

chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

it seems to be a browser problem. Please open your browser "Internet Explorer oder Firefox" and go to the language settings. BE sure that you have english (en-us) and english(en) first. Below enter your german (de) language.

Restart the browser and now your textfields should be filled with values.

That was my problem and now it´s solved.

Hope it helps,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal

I have gone through your weblog. I do not have Webflow Alerts Classification. Do I need to create it or it must be there in the system? I am on 2004s system and support pack 8.

I am also having the same error what Denis and Thomas are having. Alert message is fired and can see it in the inbox but not the long text.

Thanks,

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i also have the same prob as missing the alert classification "webflow alerts", solution for this anyone?