cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Source System list Empty (R/3 System)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have NW2004s - SP9 installed with Portal.

In the same system, we have installed VC components addons(Base/Flex/BIKits/Framework).

In the portal, I have defined a system for R/3 (ECC 5.0)

with UIPW method including user mapping, EndUser permission. So the WAS connection test and Connection test for connector are successful.

Now, in the VC, I am not able to see the R/3 system , in the source system list. I have gone through various posts related to the similar issue and tried several method including

- host name entry for R/3 system in VC/Portal server

- Trusted site entry for Portal server in local IE

- UME update in Visual Admin for ume.configuration.active=true

- connected via short/long host name.

Hope some of you got similar error and solved it.

Can you please help by sharing the way to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Ragavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragavan,

So you are using a system connection within portal and not a websevice connection via Visual admin

Please check if your connection is really working ..

System Administration -> Support -->SAP Applications -->

SAP Transaction --> select your system alias -> type a transaction , e.g.: su01 -> select SAP GUI for Windows and RUN .You must the see ABAP system screen embedded in Portal. If this step is ok then check the permission for PCD :

Group Everyone Read End user = check flag; Role Assigner = check flag

super_admin_role = Owner End user = check flag, Role Assigner = check flag

Assign super_admin role your user

Hope this helps!

Neculai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ragavan,

Please try with an administrator user. If you can see the system aliases in VC then is PCD permission problem..

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Neculai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neculai

I have all Admin access including super_admin_role

while trying VC.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

What is the runtime selected in the VC system? If for example the VC runtime is set to WebDynpro you will only be able to see systems that are web services, well if there are no web service systems you will see nothing. Make sure the runtime is set to flash.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott

I tried all runtime combinations but none of them helping.

Currently I set it as 'flash' but no use.

Thanks

Ragavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivasa,

Do me a favor, shoot me an email with screenshots of the issue you are having including how you have configured the system object and the permissions on the folder the system object is in etc...

I will take a look for you

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the permissions you have set for the Medium Safety Security Zone under sap.com > Netweaver.Portal in your 2004s Portal. Make sure the role VCRole is in that ACL, with [None, EU = yes].

Hope this helps,

Fallon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

I think you have probably gone through all of this but do me a favor and check the following again.

<b>1/</b> Check to make sure that the permissions set on the folder your systems are under are set to allow everyone to use them.

<b>2/</b> Make sure that your system logs and see if the "guest" user is trying to login when you perform a search for systems. If this is in fact the case make sure the login modules are setup appropriately. See pages 46 & 47 of the Visual Composer troubleshooting guide I posted above, it explains in detail how to do this.

Good Luck...

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The problem has been fixed after installing one BI related patch.

Thanks all for the responses and suggestions.

Thanks

Ragavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

We are facing the similar problem Our BI sytem is not appearing in VC. What fix you did? Which patch did you apply?

Sheo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the permissions of security zone

System Administration -> Permissions ->

sap.com/NetWeaver.Portal/medium_safety/com.sap.visualcomposer.portalconnector/components/Dispatcher

The VC role should have end user permission there. This is required for SPS9 and above.

former_member188977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

I hope that one reason could be that you are using the runtime compiler as "Web Dynpro" and only Web Service are sopported.

Make sure that Flash is selected and try again.

to see this setting go to: Tools - Options - Compiler.

regards,

Nacho.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check to make sure that the user that you are logging into the portal with has end user permissions on the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you see others systems or only with this R3 yo have the problem in VC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked the compiler and is set as 'Flash' already.

Also the user has 'End user' option selected for the system in PCD.

BTW, this is Visual Composer 7 (NW2004s - SP9)

Thanks

Ragavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the portal I have two R/3 systems, in working condition. But none of them showing up in VC.

Thanks

Ragavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, when use the external domain in the portal name box, to connect Portal.

I solved when use the server name in the LAN.

I dont know really the fundamentals of this issue, but I suppose that is a problem in my network configuration.

Are you in the same LAN where is Portal ? Try with the server name instead of the public domain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Portal/VC server and R/3 server are in the same network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivasa,

Have you looked at the How-To on troubleshooting vc? We have a section on this error:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/92d80512-0a01-0010-32a3-cd3...

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link points to 'VC Troubleshooting guide' but that doesnt cover the problem I have described here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivasa,

There is a section specifically on this...

Scott