cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Template for ALV Grid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ITS gurus

I was fiddling around with ITS templating and my query is. Is it possible to extract a Template of screen which has an ALV grid control and still retain all the features of the Grid such as sort,column selection etc.

Regards

Pran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Thanks for your help in advance . Could you please clarify my pbms.

we have SAP version 640 and Unicode compatibility

1. when i try to download into excel , i am getting ABAP dump " ITS_TEMPLATE_NOT_FOUND" .

2. As you mentioned I maintained all the parameter except I don't know what to put in ~INITIALTEMPLATE row.

3. In sap screen the ALV list comes fine. only downloading into excel is a pbm.

4.But through webgui i m getting blank screen (ALV list).

Once again thanks.

Jana

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes its possible. What exactly do you want to do.

The coding in the extracted template will be using Business HTML. And this will work only with WEBGUI model.

example template code for program "BCALV_GRID_08"

`include(~service="system", ~language="", ~theme="dm", ~name="TemplateLibraryDHTML.html")`
`SAP_TopInclude()`
<html>
  <head>
    `SAP_PageTitle()`
    `SAP_Stylesheet()`
    `SAP_JavaScript()`
  </head>
  <body `SAP_BodyAttributes()` onload="`SAP_OnloadJavaScript()`">
    `SAP_TemplateHeader()`
    `SAP_BodyContentBegin()`
    `SAP_FormBegin()`
      `SAP_DynproLayerBegin(001,001,058,001)`
      `SAP_Label("%#AUTOTEXT001")`
      `SAP_DynproLayerEnd()`

`SAP_DynproControlLayerBegin(001,002,122,039)`
      `SAP_ControlContainer("BCALVC_TOOLBAR_D200_C1")`
      `SAP_DynproControlLayerEnd()`

`SAP_FormEnd()`
    `SAP_BodyContentEnd()`
  </body>
</html>

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

I was trying with screen number 100 , which was giving a blank screen , but you have used screen 200. I tried with that , this time there is an improvement but only a box is displayed. is there some special car files I need to setup for ALV support

Regards

Pran

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you have to use screen200.

also set the following parameters for your ITS service.

~GENERATEDYNPRO	1
~INITIALTEMPLATE	<template name>
~LISTSCROLLING	0
~POPUPS	1
~STYLE	DHTML
~TRANSACTION	<your transaction>

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Thanks for the answer , but my controls such as Totalling , change layout etc lie in the application toolbar. This seems to be removed when a template is generated for the transaction , are their some service parameters to make this visisble. Or should I couple the controls with the grid itself.

Regards

Pran

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whats the current menu are you getting? is it just Help and Quit? then it means the ~transactiontype is EWT (Easy Web Transaction).

If yes from SE93 change the transaction classification to Professinal User Transaction and gui support to SAPGUI for HTML

I havent tried this myself. But i feel it should work.

Off from this topic: are you trying to develop a web enabled ALV grid ? i was also trying that, i tried it with BSP but thats lot of work. with WEBGUI model we dont have much control over look and feel. We wanted to include our application into portal. Try the integrated ITS which is coming with WAS6.4 the look and feel is much better. Finally we went ahead with full javascript and java model for our own ALV grid which we developed from scratch. Even the PDV from EP is not of much help.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Thanks I will try that

And for off the topic

Yes I faced similar problems in terms of look and feel,the EP theme editors does not seem to support styling for ALV controls atleast EP 5.0. Our current landscape does not have WAS 6.4 ABAP stack in place so we are currently deprived of this solution. However some convincing at the customer end should help us to push in the webgui screens.

I am awaiting for ALV like controls in web dynpro, thats going to be the real plus.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

This seem to work only if you havent published templates so in which case it dynamically generates the screen. But unlike EWT this shows the menus and controls. But are you aware how to bring this about using templates

Regards

Pran