cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Area

0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I have different Web Dynpro components. On each of them I have an own message area. My problem is that when ever I switch to another Component the messages are printed always on the same message area. How can I set the correct message area? In the wdComponentAPI, there is only a get Method but not a set Method.

How can I do that?

Thanks for your answer in advance ....

Bye Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

The get method of wdComponentAPI is for getting the message manager. Probably to code your requirement there are several way. Choose the one which suits you

1.Set the cancelNavigation to "true" in your report or raise message method.

2. Destroy the first Component before navigating to the second Component.

3. Set the message manager UI element of the other component to be invisible

etc..

Thanks and Regards,

Sam Mathew

0 Kudos

Hi Sam!

I just tried the version with enabeling and disabeling the MessageArea. When I set the Enable Property by setting it to tue and false it works without any problems. But as I want to set it felxible I bound it to a context element of type boolean. But now it doesn't work. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Bye Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

please have a look at the IWDMessageArea API. Context binding is only possible by using read only context attributes (enabled and visible). If they aren't read only, i guess, the values contained in the attributes are simply ignored.

Hope that helps (even if it doesn't help you out ;).

Regards

Stefan

PS: BTW, maybe it works if you use a read only calculated value attribute. The getter method could examine and return the content of a writable alternative attribute. Give it a try.

Message was edited by: Stefan Klensch

Answers (0)