cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Navigation overlapping Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an iview that has an embedded iview.

In the embedded iview, there is a layer which has an output table on it, and I am using tab navigation for the layers.

When I deploy and run the model, I find that the tab on the embedded iview overlaps the first column heading of the table.

How do I set up the tabs so that they don't overlap column headings?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess is that the objects you put in the layer are actually not in the layer. You can't drag and drop a layer over a UI element. You must drag and drop a UI element into the layer. Therefore, basically click on each UI element (table, form, etc...) and move it 1mm and make sure it is in the layer. Then redeploy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash, thanks very much for your reply!

Unfortunately, this is not the case - I have definitely put the UI element onto the layer. I have done as you suggested anyway, but it hasn't made a difference.

I don't know if it makes a difference (can't see why it would make a difference), but the parent iview also has tabs on it.

I have also noticed that it is doing this for both my chart and my table UI elements - I hadn't noticed it on the charts as it wasn't actually covering any information when there is a chart there. On the table UI element it is more obvious because it covers the heading of the first column.

Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to tools -> Options and make sure "allow overlapping objects is checked...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard try this as well. Right Click on the table and click show toolbar if you haven't pre-configured any buttons this will automatically be disabled however if you go ahead and turn the empty toolbar on it will give you some space between the top of the layer and the table.

Cheers,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash - thanks, but that made no difference.

Scott - thanks for the tip - that has shifted the tables/charts so that now the tab doesn't cover them up.

I appreciate all of the assistance from you guys.

Regards

Richard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use an empty form that will be placed above the table, and it'll solve your problem.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amir - a slightly different version of the answer already proposed - both of them work well, still it seems strange that the tab overlaps elements at all.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Regards

Richard