cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Systems and Business Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I use one third party technical system and its corresponding business system in any number of scenario or do I need to create ts and bs separately for each scenario?

Also, If I have File --> XI ---> File scenario, then do I need to create two tech systems or just one is sufficient as both are file systems? how about business systems in the same scenario?

Thanks,

Madhavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

steffennesper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Well, from technical point of view it is only necessary to have all SAP systems defined independently (if you want to use IDoc, RFC, etc) and you can have one "ThirdParty" business system / business service. You are able to use the same system as sender and receiver for almost all adapters as you specify the connection settings usually directly on the communication channel.

However, this should only be done in experimental phase as you will get confused if you won't structure it well.

HTH,

Steffen

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Refer to the below link for step by step File->XI->File scenario:-

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Hope this helps you.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, by mistake i put Thanks Madhavi.

I was about to ask Madhavi a question..sorry for the confusion.

Anika

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Create T.s.(third party) and create corresponding B.S. for T.S. You may use this B.S. any number of scenario's. You may use this B.S. for sender and receiver side.

WEB AS ABAP Business Systems is used for an R3 system / SAP systems. When dealing with Idocs , ABAP proxies, you se the Web AS ABAP business system.

WEB As JAVA is used for Java Proxies .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijaya - How do we do it using business service?

In the scenario is file --> XI ---> file can u tell me how can i do that using business service?

Thanks,

Madhavi

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Can I use one third party technical system and its corresponding business system in any number of scenario or do I need to create ts and bs separately for each scenario?</i>

>>> No need . You can use same business system provided your requirement is to integrate with that thirdparty system for which you have created Technical system and corresponding Business system..

<i>Also, If I have File --> XI ---> File scenario, then do I need to create two tech systems or just one is sufficient as both are file systems? how about business systems in the same scenario?</i>

>>>As I told it depends on the requierement. If you want to send the file from system A into System A with then you can use same Technical system. else , you need to have different.

For thirdparty systems like file systems, technical systems/business systems acts as just a logical entity.

To know more -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/09/6beb170d324216aaf1fe2feb8ed374/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One easy way is for systems like files system etc you can have Business service instead of Business System.

Regards

Vijaya