cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download NWDS ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm a new nut guy with SAP Netweaver. I will have some Web Dynpro project to do. I have some questions below :

It seems that I have NWDS version 2.0.13 (Is it what we called SP13 ???).

1) Where can I get updated about next version ??( it seems SP16 now)

2) Where can I download NWDS SP16 alone (I have Sap Service Market user name & password already) ??? Does it exist alone or I have to download the complete SAP Netweaver??

Thanks a lot guys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To # 2:

the easiest way to do this in Service Marketplace is to go to the software download center (service.sap.com/swdc) and click on "Search for all Categories" on the left hand side. If you search for "Developer Studio" and then click on "SAP NW DEVELOPER STUDIO 2.0" in the results, you can navigate down and find the SP that you are looking for. SP18 is available now.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you try this link.

Downloading NWDS :

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/swdc

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/webcontent/uuid/a62ad7fa-0a01-0010-3489-f3fc32658b... [original link is broken]

take care about your versions.

thanks

Lohi.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hey, Ralph, make sure that your engine and NWDS is at the same version, if you engine is at SP13, there is no reason to upgrade NWDS to SP16. If you do, you may see some issues.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich

Thanks a lot for your advice..I still have some question thinking that you can help me

1) What do you mean by the term <engine>?? ..Is that the Java engine on Web AS server??

2) It seems that we have to download JDK, J2RE and install on front end station (my computer)?? What are the difference between JDK J2RE and what does it serve for??

Thanks a lot Rich

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confustion Ralph. It seems that things are called different depending on who you talk to, I am in the process of changing my ways to be more SAP PC(political correct).

Anyway, yes, when I referr to the engine, I am speaking about the "Stack" on the Netweaver Application Server. Remember there are two stacks, ABAP and Java. I commonly refer to these Stacks, as Engines. But it means the same thing.

JDK is thee java development kit, its got all of the good stuff that you need to develop java applications, the JRE is the java runtime envirnoment, I don't really know to much about this.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I currently have NWDS 2004s (SP12) installed on my desktop for WebDynPro development using java stack, and the Netweaver application server is at stack SP13. My question is if the application server is upgraded to Netweaver SP13. Do I need to upgrade my NWDS to SP13, and then recompile and deploy the code using this new version?

I also heard there are issues with SP13 with the components compiling correctly.