cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer iView compiled with Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been using Visual Composer and everytime I compile I use flash. Because we were having several issues in SP 7, regarding formatting output tables, hyperlinks, we are migrating to SP 9.

I notice that I have the option to compile to WebDynpro and that my formatting is more flexible, I have more functions enable than before.

However I need to learn more the difference from deploying in Flash and Dynpro.

And if my hyperlinks or dropdown will work the same as in VC if I use Dynpro to compile. Are there any changes that have to be made in my elements?

Also, in terms of the Portal, will my iViews be stored in a different folder? To the Portal does it make a difference which compiler I use in my VC?

If you have any documents that might help answer this questions please send me the link.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

<b><i>Are there any changes that have to be made in my elements?</i></b>

Michelle, every time that you change the runtime the UI elements available for the runtime change. You will need to use the supported UI elements for the selected runtime. There is some overlap however there are things like the Tile-View that are specific to Web Dynpro and vice versa...

<i><b>Also, in terms of the Portal, will my iViews be

stored in a different folder? To the Portal does it

make a difference which compiler I use in my VC?</b></i>

It does not... The iViews are deployed to the PCD in the same folder Visual Composer under the root directory.

Cheers,

Scott

Answers (0)