Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Issues after switching to Org.Struc. replication from HR ? :-(

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Currently I have my Org.Structure created manually, however some guys are working in the ALE model in order to replicate Org.Struc. data from HR to SRM.

MY QUESTION IS: my new Org. Structure will have different ID's.

- What will happen with my current operation? I can see that all my SC and PO documents are linked to the "old" struc. ID's.

- What should I do in order to minimize the issues during this transition ?

Thanks for your help !

Best regards,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hope you are not in a productive environment, because the new ORG structure from HR will have different business partners from your current ones.

New BP's will be created for your orgs and employees. If you are using the same user ID's they might become inconsistent as they have new BP's.

I would suggest if you have any open shopping carts ensure that they are fully approved.

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help.

First of all: YES I need to accomplish this in my Productive Environment.

Second: I have 1800 end users approx. right now, so it would be difficult to ask them to finish the approvals by themselves =(

Third: my biggest concern was related to the Purchaser workload, I have seen in BBP_PD that a PO document has a Purch.Org and Purch.Group linked (OU Id's). With my new Org.Structure this ID's will be a different ones ! How could I solve this ?

Thank so much for your help !

Best regards !

Diego

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

any idea about this ?

In a couple of days I will have two Org. Units.. One created manually and another one via ALE (HR replica).

1. What happens with the current operation ?

2. Is any document/wf item/etc linked to the old Org. Structure ID's ?

3. How can I "migrate" my operation to my new Org. Structure?

Thanks for your help !

BR,

Diego

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys, Any help ? 😃

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

As far as i know, document are linked to userID... maybe someone can confirm or not this point...

Annyway, you can test it in your dev system.

Just move a user from one unit to another and see if the user still access its documents.

Kind regards,

Yann