cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Syndication - sending data to XML file but "root element" missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to create a syndication (set up a new DESTINATION) using XML schema I get a message "root element required". I enter XML Schema and pick my schema in the destination pop-up but there is nothing in the "ROOT" field and I get an error "root element required" if I click OK. I have tried many different XML schemas and none seem to work. The schemas are valid if view thru Explorer or Visual Studios. We have tried schemas from different tutorials and examples but none work. I will reward points for any ideas/help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's little tricky with XSD. I will be able to advise if you can post XSD or send it to my email.

Regards

--

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat

I have similar problem root element missing for the xsd I generated. I generated this xsd for my repository through the .Jar given in sap how to site. Your help will be appredicated.

Thank you in advance.

Bala Pochareddy (bpochareddy@gmail.com or bala.pochareddy@accenture.com)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Please send me your XSD to my email, I will take a look and send you fix.

--

Venkat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r getting error "<b>Root element required</b>",it means that u r having some problem with xsd structure.

It will be better that u use some tool for generating xsd like " <b>Altova XMLSPY</b>" .

Thanks,

Shiv Prashant Dixit