cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - Synch Asynch Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Scenario is File to File and also SOAP thru BPM for File Split. I have to do BPM for file split because of the timing dependency of delivery of files.

Here are the steps in Integration process:

1. Receive File from Sender A

2. Transform this file into multiple files ( In this transformation step Iam capturing Source File Name into separate message )

3. Send all files to the Receiver

4. Send Synchronously SOAP call to the Receiver and receive response message

5. String 'FileName' captured in Step2

and response message from Step4 to another message

6. Send the message from step 5 to the Sender A ( Original Sender )

My Question is Do I have to save the filename in Step2 as a message? Can I do it using Simple type in integration process, if yes, how can I do that.

Someone please explain?. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Save the file name as a message. Anyway you need to send the file name in message right ? And if you want to use it, then use Mapping for the same

For container Operation, refer this-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/59/e1283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

another Option. I dont have to save the file name as a message if I can get the file name ( using UDF ) during transform step after Synchronous Send right ? Iam enabling adapter specifc settings with File Name checked.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. It is not required to have extra step of saving the file name. You can do outside the BPM with Mapping step.

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (0)