cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter Attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying a simple scenario File -> XI -> File.In this scenario i have to send an attachment also along with the message. I have done with sender file adapter, but the problem is how can i handle the attachments in receiver file adapter. Means i just want to create the attachment on the receiver side with the same name.

But when i activate the scenario only one file is getting created i.e message payload. I can't see the attachment there. Do i need to do any extra settings for this scenario....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File adapter attachments are only supported on the sender file adapter, and not on the receiver adapter.

U might need to use an adapter such as mail on ur receiver side, to view ur attachment.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Do u mean to say File adapter attachments concept is used only when the receiver is Mail adapter ?????

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Do u mean to say File adapter attachments concept is used only when the receiver is Mail adapter ?????

of course not

many apdater support attachments

(like SOAP, proxies, mail)

but in case of file adapter it only works with

sender adapter

if you want to achive your scenarion

you can create a simple java proxy

in which you will take the payload

and attachments and put them somewhere

(folder etc)

but you need to do a little programming to do that

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the reply,

How can i make use of soap adapter in this case. How can i pass the attachment to the webservice.....

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

very easy:)

all you need to do is to add

"<b>Keep Attachments</b>" check in the SOAP receiver adapter

this way the attachment from your sender file adapter

will be send to the web service (as the attachment)

for more on receiver SOAP adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

But in webservice Java function how can i handle that attachement.I mean do i need to receive any objects , if so how the prototype of my java function..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://www.google.pl/search?hl=pl&q=javaattachmentsoap+&lr=

quite a few examples

Regards,

michal

Answers (0)