cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Driver Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm in the process of deploying the drivers required for the JDBC adapter. I'm following the documentation (and using the tools) provided in the following link:

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700007048402005E/HowInstallExternalDrivers.zip

When I run the deployment using SDM, the process runs smoothly and the log also returns no error. But I'm unable to find the folder (and the driver JARs) com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib under /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<SYSNO>/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/ext (as specified in the doc.). The deployment run did not prompt for a J2EE restart, though it didnt return any errors either. Will a manual restart help? Or do I need to verify anything else before restarting?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Might be due to Cache issue also, Try refreshing the cache.

a)Start transaction SXI_CACHE.

b)From the context menu XI Runtime Cache select Start Complete Cache Refresh.

c)Call transaction SM58 to check the status of the refresh process

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to those who replied.

I tried refreshing the cache, restarting the J2EE server and the XI server too, but to no avail (i.e., folder did not get created).

Then I thought I will really stretch my luck and tried executing the scenario, but came across the following (expected) error in the RWB:

<..JDBC adapter receiver channel AR_JDBC_Receiver not initialized. Unable to proceed due to Loading jdbc driver 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver' failed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver Found in negative cache..>

Any other pointers?

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Then its for sure the problem is with the deployment. Try undeploying it and redeploy it again. Before deploying make sure that you are following all the steps for deploying JMS and JDBC drivers. Also make sure that provider.xml is updated.

Thanks,

Prakash

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Try to restart the Adapter engine. Also cross check the dirver installation steps. You can get more error info if you see this in the Visual Admin->Log viewer

Similar therad-

ALso related SAP note -831162

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once again to those who replied.

Well, the problem was that I was running the deployment using a different instance of the SDM

The box has multiple systems and hence multiple instances of SDM. So the solution was to figure out the correct SDM instance

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

If u are unable to find the folder com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib under the specified path, I do not think that ur JDBC has been deployed correctly. Anyways, try a manual restart, and see if u can find the folder.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try just restarting the J2EE server, it should work.

Thanks,

Prakash