Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a BPM Scenario that has to do the following:

1.RFC Sends Data to XI BPM.

2.XI BPM sends a SQL to Request to a JDBC Interface.

3.The response contains sql inserts and updates. Which I have to submit to database again.

4.After this is done I would like to send an OK to the RFC I initially called.

RFC is a synchronous call. The database requests are synchrounous too.

Can i do

Synchronous RFC Request - Synchronous JDBC to get SQL - Synchronous JDBC to do inserts and updates - Synchrnous RFC Response back.

I see Synch - Asynch bridge and Asynch - Synch bridge examples. But not all Synchronous.

Any suggestions welcome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Is your Scenario is like this:

Get the data into XI and then send the data into SQL ? In this case what sql statement you are going to use?

WHat you want to achieve in this first call to SQL ?

If both are synch, then it is not required to use BPM. If you want to get the response from database once.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first query returns sql that is stored in one of the tables in the database. Means the sql is stored in one of the columns in a table as text.

that sql has to be submitted again to the database. I can implement this as two RFCs.

If BPM is used it will be one RFC call and BPM can get the sql and store it in a container and submit to the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC Request sends an id which is the key for the first JDBC call.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can achieve this with BPM as you layed out earlier.

1) Recieve the RFC req

2) Send the RFC req Synch to SQL

3) Receive the Response

4) Send the SQL Reuest 2

5) Recieve the Response and send back to RFC.

In the 2&3 step, map the first JDBC response to dummy structure and then send this as a Request to 2nd SQL call.

Then second SQL resposne is mapped with RFC response to send the response back to RFC.

SO it is a Synchronous BPM. Just to give some hints-https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what do I select in my Receive Step for Mode. Do I select Open S/A Bridge?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I saw the weblog now. I thought about it. But Open S/A confused me. I will try it now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see Synch - Asynch bridge and Asynch - Synch bridge examples. But not all Synchronous.

--> That is correct. Means also: You do not need it.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then do you mean that the database call can be implemented Asynchrnous. I would like to send a sql statement and get data back. I am using Receiver JDBC Adapter. I could do this synchronously.

Is there a way to do the same asynchronously?