Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC FLAT FILE to XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I have some questions regarding how can XI read a flat file Idoc Format:

1.- Is XI able to import or read an Idoc flat file structure?

2.- If so, how is this process done? I know how to do it with an XML file.

3.- Is the file adapter able to read such a complex structure of an Idoc?

4.- Do I have to create all the structure manually in the file adapter?

All answers will be appreciated.

Regards,

David Castillo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David!

In our project we have a scenario that needs to read a IDOC structure in flat file format. The solution we took was to read the flat file with a file adapter using File Content Conversion only with the segments we needed to send to the target system.

The problem with that solution is when the idoc has segments with more than two levels, the graphical mapping failed, so we needed to use Java Mapping in order to complete the Idoc complex structure.

If you need more info about that, put in contact with me as we're part of the same Firm

Cheers.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the answers provided but I'll clarify the requirements.

I have a legacy system that is currently creating a flat file with the SAP standard IDoc structure. My concern is if I have to declare the Inbound adapter in XI as a flat type with content conversion and check that the ADAPTER is able to read the hierarchy required or if there is an easy way of reading this flat file to be converted to an XML in order to apply the mapping required.

Again, all answers will be helpful.

Regards,

David Castillo.

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Ensure that the flat IDOC structure has less than equal to 2 levels of hierarcy, so that File Content Conversion would be simple.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Check these too..

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If you are talking about generating a flat file from an IDOC, it is definitely possible, though the structure would still be like an IDOC's

You would need to create a fn.module which processes the IDOC and creates the flat file .

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>>>>1.- Is XI able to import or read an Idoc flat file structure?</i>

Yes it is possible but depends on how complex is the strucutre.

<i>>>>2.- If so, how is this process done? I know how to do it with an XML file.</i>

Using content conversion or Adapter module or Conversion Agent

<i>>>>3.- Is the file adapter able to read such a complex structure of an Idoc?</i>

Just file adapter will not able to provide you that functionality. You need to use Adapter module/content conversion/ Item field conversion agent.

<i>>>>4.- Do I have to create all the structure manually in the file adapter?</i>

If you know that IDOC just get the structure of it.

Thanks,

Prakash