Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO from Portal to J2EE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have following scenario:

We run WebDynpro on an own J2EE. This WebDynpro should only be accessible by logged in users.

We call this WebDynpro via a NW04 Portal on Stack 15. On the portal side we created a new system for the WebDynpro J2EE with SAPLOGONTICKET usage and created an SAP WebDynpro iView for the application to call.

The WebDynpro J2EE we configured to accept SAPLOGONTICKETs from the portal (via Visual Admin).

When we call the WebDynpro from the portal side it does not get the correct user. As we connect to the WebDynpro via SAPLOGONTIKCET the same user should be used here as in the portal. (Users with the same User ID exist on both systems).

Unfortunately not the SAP user is used for the WebDynpro but the "ClientUser".

We use following code to examine the user id:

String userId = "";

try{

IWDClientUser clientUser = WDClientUser.getCurrentUser();

IUser user = clientUser.getSAPUser();

userId = user.getUniqueName();

}catch(Exception e){

userId = clientUser.getClientUserID();

}

Anything wrong with that? And why we get the ID of the client User but not the SAP User. I suppose that the SSO is not working properly!

When I change the line "IWDClientUser clientUser = WDClientUser.getCurrentUser();" with "IWDClientUser clientUser = WDClientUser.forceLoggedInClientUser();" I will always get a logon screen for the WebDynpro although I use SSO!!

regards

René

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I don't think you got my question:

The WebDynpro is deployed to an SAP J2EE based on NW04 Stack 15.

But it is called from a different portal also based on NW04 Stack 15.

When I set the logon method of the portal system to "UIDPW" and try to call the WebDynpro I am asked for a user and a password. (Which is correct as I don't have maintained a user mapping and do not want to)

When I set the logon method of the portal system to "SAPLOGONTICKET" and try to call the WebDynpro I am connected to the WebDynpro Server but with the wrong user! -> I do not get the SAP User ID...

regards

René