cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

MUST REWARD FOR GOOD QUESTIONS

I'm sending a idoc to a receiver system which is a database. I use JDBC adapter to connect it.

In the sap sysem

1. create a RFC destination to IS.

2. create a tRFC port for the RFC destinaiton

3. create a Partner profile (logical system) which represents the receiver database.

4. assign outbound IDOC to the partner profile.

my question is:

when the idoc is sent from sap system, the receiver port and receiver partner should be the ones I created in step 2 and step 3. How about the information about the sender? What's the sender port and sender partner of the idoc? How does the idoc map this idoc to the business system which I created in SLD?

Message was edited by: Wang Hui

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the sender port and the sender partner you need to give the values of the sender system i.e. R/3 system. If you are not aware of it just check any of the existing Outbound IDOC in the system and see what is the Sender port and the sender partner.

Thanks,

Prakash

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>3. create a Partner profile (logical system) which represents the receiver database.

in most cases this is your XI system and not

logical system per each receiver

>>>>What's the sender port and sender partner of the idoc?

sender SAP<SID>

sender system - logical system assigned to your client

BTW

you don't need sender info as you don't fill it

anywhere yourself

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal, your answer is helpful.

I want to confirm something that you have posed:

1. both sender port and sender system are automatically filled by the system. what if no logical system is asigned to the client?

2. does XI use this sender info. (port and logical system) to map the idoc to the business system which is defined in SLD?

>>>>3. create a Partner profile (logical system) which represents the receiver database.

in most cases this is your XI system and not

logical system per each receiver

thanks your advice for the partner profile, but if I also want to use jdbc to send an idoc to sap system, which partner should I create: the database or the XI?

Thanks!