cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Do we really need ACF on client to run PDF Forms. Can we put this ACF as activex control in the application and user can download it to work on PDFs.

Thanks

Manish Kosarkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Active Component Framework resides on the frontend/client. It enables the communication between Web Dynpro and Adobe Reader in an online scenario. In NW 2004s it can install automatically.

As of NW 2004s SP stack 9, it can also be replaced with the so-called ZCI (Zero-Client Installation), which is HTTP-based and therefore platform-independent. Existng ACF-based form templates need to be migrated to the ZCI technology.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi markus,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I havae one more doubt, I am are developing PDF application for a customer and they have client which may access PDF using IE 6.0 or other browsers. So do we need to ask the end user to download the ACF or web-dynpro application carries the ACF with itself.

Thanks,

Manish

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the easiest case (to be sure it is available), you should install ACF on all relevant clients from SAP Note 766191. All updates (and with NW 2004s also the initial check whether it is there) are part of the WD framework and should normally happen in the background without user interaction.

Best,

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the NOTES 738891 & 766191 to get to know more about ACF.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>