cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance MAM 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using the laptop version of MAM 3.0.

When going into an order the first screen I see is the "Order Detail" (left in the toolbar). When going to partners in the toolbar and then clicking the link on the partner name I see the screen "Partner Details".

What do I want?

In the order detail screen I want to show below to the 2 standard frames (Order and Confirmation Processing) the frame Partner Details.

I don't find the right information in the enhancement guides.

Thx for helping,

jeroen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx for the hint, I changed layoutdef.xml but I see no difference. What do you mean by regenerating the jsp?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

MAM laptop version. Here is how it works starting from SR2:

When application is developed there is no jsps created. Instead all UI is configured through LayoutDe.xml, ToolbarDef.xml, EditDef.xml and DetailDef.xml (I think names are self explanatory). And of course old ListDef.xml.

Then there is a jsp generator which goes through these xml files and xsl files and creates jsp.

So when you want to enhance standard MAM you have three options:

1. Go change directly jsps (they are supplied in eclipse war)

2. Change xmls and regenerate jsp

3. Change xsl and regenerate jsps. This I beleive is not supported but can be very useful I think if you want to change the whole look-and-feel.

The change you want to do, I beleive the easiest (and most supported way) would be to do through LayoutDef.xml

Hope that helps,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

From the question I guess you use MAM3.0 SR2?

If yes, LayoutDef.xml is a file hat controls which frames are displayed and where.

You might want to start changes there and then regenerate jsp.

You will have to do some logic as well as there might be many partners assigned to the same order, so some logic will be required which partner from the list to display.

Cheers,

Larissa