cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reservation XML Output?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Board,

I have the requirement to provide interface functionality between mySAP SRM 4.0 and an external warehouse management systems (non-sap and out of our scope).

As it is possible to create return deliveries in SRM for SAP backends via iDOC I'd be interested in the option to provide similar information in XML via XI to a legacy system including quantities and warehouse ids or something.

Information contained should be something like a "negative purchase order".

Has anybody of you experienced requirements similar to these? What are the general options and requirements? I'm open to any kind of related information.

SRM 4.0, XI 3.0 in the extended classic scenario. As I'm totally new with XI please be patient and keep it "simple" :-).

Kind regards,

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

i talked to a colleague some minutes ago, who told me there are predefined content packages for SRM/XI which provide complete interface specifications for purchase orders for example.

Is this a valid option for more research in your opinion? A quick google was not sucessfull.

Kind regards,

Richard

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can find some standard business content provided by SAP. You need to go to service.sap.com/swdc and you can download the XI content from there.

The following is the path for business content in service market place.

Support Packages and Patches --> SAP Application Components --> SAP SRM (WITH SAP EBP) --> SAP SRM 5.0 --> Entry by Component --> XI Content

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

thx for the fast reply. Are there any standard document shemas for XML messages out there for reservations which we could implement and adapt to our needs?

As I've got limited XI/XML knowledge I would like to have some kind of "iDOC" type in XML-version for reservations in here :-).

Many regards,

Richard

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

no there aren't you can easily create any XML structure

(the one that your legacy system expects)

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you send the info from SRM to the XI and want an XML output this is more or less the easiest case

by default XI handles all messages as XML

so once your message from SRM is in XI

you can make an XML file out of it

(file adapter) with no special options necessary

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>