cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regarding the retrieval of values from the standard iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a Webdynpro-application that shows specific information of a record. This Webdynpro-application must load after the selection of a record in the standard MDM ResultSet-iView.

So, I need to subscribe to the EPCF. However, this is not really the problem. What I want to do is retrieve the record-id from the record I selected in the standard iView. At this point my Webdynpro-application is reacting to the event, but I can't retrieve the record-id.

Does anybody have experience with this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. ,

good to know your WebDynpro reacts to eventing sent by MDM Result Set iView. As you mentioned, the problem is getting the record-id from the sender ResultSet iView.

Here is the info:

Step1: display what comes from sender iView.

e.g. for NW04 EP SP14: Logon to Portal with admin access, then navigate to System Administration -> Support -> Client Framework -> SPOCKI, Client Framework Inspector. Enter the pcd link to the MDM Result Set iView, then all client framework info is visible including all parameters of eventing. If the parameter you are looking for (e.g. record-ID) is not sent out from ResultSet, then:

Step2: configure MDM ResultSet iView to send the record-id

Content Administration -> ... select your Result Set iView -> open it in Edit mode -> select Custom Events -> select event type EPCF -> select Mapped Field [Record ID] -> enter the name of the parameter (same specified in event receiver). Then repeat the Step1 to make sure the record-ID is really sent out from Result Set iView.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Laszlo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

Thanks for your swift reply. It turns out the recordID is not being sent out by the standard Result Set. So option 2 only remains. This will work, but I really don't want an extra (empty) column in my Result Set: The recordID must be sent no matter which column I click.

But thanks anyway, it got me a litle bit further.

Gerwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jasen,

I have one scenario in which i want to call the webdynpro application when my result set iView gives me no records.

so Do u have any idea how to trigger that EPCF event or some how to get the length of ResultSet.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shruti.