cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID in 46C - AII and XI or NOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are thinking to implement RFID technology, but we don´t have AII and neither XI.

What do you think that is the best way to begin?

What are the advantadges of install AII (including extra cost for my client) and XI.

-Can i integrated RF without AII-XI? How?

-Do you know the cost in price and time to do it with AII-XI?

We are in SAP/R3 46C.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have discovered your answer by now, However if it is still open...

-Can i integrated RF without AII-XI? How?

AII is the only SAP product which can help in RF, how ever all communication between R3 and AII takes place using IDocs carried over XI. In case you do not want to implement AII you may scout the market for any RFID device + workflow software, these should be able to talk to the R3 system with IDocs and receive IDocs from R3, thus solving the communication issue. SAP4.6C dose have place to maintain EPC codes on material master thus solving the issue of resolving materials with ID's read by the RFID reader. If the third party tools does not offer a place to persist the R3 material to ID relationships the comparision logic will have to be written in R3, something like and BADI or a user exit.

The next question i guess has already been answered, AII will come with XI and therefore netweaver.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi....

u need to have XI coz it is responsible for transfering info betn a non SAP system(RFID) and ur sap system(r/3)

n for XI, u need to have NetWeaver installed.

there is a lot of documentaion about the same on d SAP site...esp help.sap..check it out for all d details, read the case studies...tc

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>-Can i integrated RF without AII-XI? How?

I don't think there are any standard transactions

to handle RFID (EPC etc.)

that is:

inbound and outbound deliveries with EPC codes

>>>-Do you know the cost in price and time to do it with AII-XI?

depends on which processes you want to use

it's like asking how much for the R3

Regards,

michal