cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view navigation between components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Till now i had used only the webdynpro projects...now, i am implementing the DC projects.

1) i had create one dc component which will have 4 views.

2) i had added this component to public parts.

Now i had created another DC Component which will have the links to display the views in the previous component. i.e, if i click on the link in this component, one of the view should open in first component i created.

1) i had added the first component in this component as used components.

now my question is how to make the code to navigate to first component view by clicking on the link.

sunil kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this Thread

Kind Reagrds

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mukesh,

i had already done this before....

I have Comp A and Comp B.

Comp A is my parent component and Comp B is my child component.

1. Expose The webdynpro component of Comp B as a public part.

2. In Comp A, Go to Used DCs add the Comp B as a used DC

3. In Comp A, Go to UsedWebdynpro component section and add the Comp B.

4. In the view part of Comp A, create a view from a Interface view, and Create one more view of parent component

5. Go the diagram view of Comp A and create a outbound plug from View of Comp A to Interface view of Comp B

6. Go to the implementation tab

7. On the button action in the view of Comp A , fire the outbound plug.

wat i want is... when the view in comp B is displaying, it is displaying the default view...i have other views in that component...i want to display those views depending upon the condition in the comp A.

I want to pass one argument to Comp B so that, depending on that it should display the view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had gone through the existing threads which are having this kind of problem and i found one, the solution is

You don't need to create an event to pass data to a used component. You can simply map the interface controller's context of the used component. Just go to the properties tab of parent component and add the used components interface controller as a "required controller". This will then allow you to map data between them.

You can add context variable and map this between these two components. so you can send and get the data which one you want to pass through the fireplug.

regards

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 ways to do this...

The first way:

1) Create a separate window in Comp B for each view that you need to navigate directly to (an interface view is created for each window)

2) Embed the multiple interface views of Comp B into Comp A

3) Use a separate outbound plug in Comp A for each Comp B interface view

The second way:

1) Create just one window in Comp B and define an inbound plug on its inteface view with a parameter representing which view to display

2) Embed this Comp B interface view into Comp A

3) Use one outbound plug from Comp A to the Comp B inteface view and pass in the parameter value

4) On the Comp B interface view inbound plug handler, check the parameter and fire an event in Comp B

5) Catch this event in the default view for the Comp B window

6) Use outbound plugs from the default view in Comp B to navigate to where you need to go...

hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello david,

Thanks for the help.

regards

-

sunil

Answers (0)