cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 5.0 an Netweaver 2004s

0 Kudos

Hi there!

Is there any possibilities to run a ECC 5.0 on a Netweaver 2004s?

As we would like to use Webdynpro for ABAP and are working with ECC 5.0

Thanks in advance.

Bye Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, ECC 5.0 is based on NW04, which in turn is based on 6.40. ECC 6.0 is based on NW04s, which is based on 7.00. You can't upgrade NetWeaver underneath without upgrading ECC as well; the core components such as SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA are either 640 (NW04) or 700 (NW04s).

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rich's post is correct. There are technical repository integration points between ECC and the underlying SAP NetWeaver release.

To get WebDynpro for ABAP, you could install a stand-alone SAP NetWeaver 2004s system (without ERP) side-by-side.

Best Regards,

Matt

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What Matt suggested is actually what one of my clients did to start experimenting with WebDynpro; we set up a 3-system landscape of NW04s and have configured single sign on and trusted RFC's so that users can hit the webdynpro pages via the portal, and those systems make the necessary queries to the backend systems via RFC. Hmm... is that an xApp?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure does sound like a composite app, Rich...perhaps we should make it a success story!

0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the answers. Setting up an system just for WebDynpro ABAP is not what we are looking for. We had something similar in the past and didn't get happy with it.

But anyway thanks for your answers.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does somebody has experience with upgrade ECC 5.0 to ECC 6.0?

Is it a full upgrade like upgrade from 4.6C to ECC 5.0 (what we did last summer when ECC 6.0 was not available yet) or is it more like imporing hotpackages?

Regards,

Annemarie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a full upgrade. Simply importing updates is not enough. Please take a look at

Regards

Message was edited by:

Shehryar Khan

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This is a very good question. And I am a little unsure about the answer. First I want to say no, ECC 5.0 runs on NW2004 and that's it. But, I have heard that ECC6.0, which runs on NW2004s, will be the ECC component till 2010, and that you will be able to upgrade the netweaver platform underneath it without upgrading ECC6.0. I don't know if this is true for ECC5.0 also.

So to answer your question about ECC5.0 and NW2004s, I would seem to be possible to just upgrade the platform(its just Support Packs, right?) without upgrading ECC5.0, but again, I really don't know. Hopefully someone from SAP can shed some light on the subject.

Regards,

Rich Heilman