cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender channel FTP archive problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to archive the file I upload from folder /xx/yy/filename.txt in folder /xx/yy/archive.

In the Adapter monitor I can see that the archive is not succesful. It is trying to archive under /xx/yy/archive//xx/yy/filename.txt !!!!!!

It looks like it the adapter is using the hole file reference "/xx/yy/filename.txt" as the new filename !!!!

Can any one help me !!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

steffennesper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

what FTP server are you using (WAR-FTP) and on what SP is your installation?

Regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Think it is a FTP server/user problem. This has nothing to do with the actual SAPXI setup

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using a FTP server ?

Check the following from help;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

<i>1. Under Archive Directory enter the name of the archive directory.

2. If you want to archive the files on the FTP server, set the Archive Files on FTP Server indicator. If you do not set the indicator, the files are archived in the Adapter Engine file system.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am using a FTP server

Yes I have inserted a archive directory "/xx/yy/archive"

Yes I have set the FTP server indicator

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the file name that you have given in the Sender File adapter? Check if your filename field is right in the sender file adapter.

Please post the exact error message from the adpater monitoring.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

<u><b>Adapter Minotor :</b></u>

<i>Sender Adapter v2307 for Party '', Service 'service18':

Configured at 2006-10-04 11:09:24 CEST

History:

- 2006-10-04 11:21:02 CEST: Retry interval started. Length: 10.000 s

- 2006-10-04 11:21:02 CEST: Error: File '/xx/yy/filename.txt': Archiving to file'/xx/yy/archive//xx/yy/filename.txt'

on FTP Server after processing failed: FTPEx: /xx/yy/archive//xx/yy/filename.txt: Permission denied.</i>

As you can see it is trying archive the file under URL which is build from "Archive directory" "source directory""filename"

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>- 2006-10-04 11:21:02 CEST: Error: File '/xx/yy/filename.txt': Archiving to file'/xx/yy/archive//xx/yy/filename.txt'

on FTP Server after processing failed: FTPEx: /xx/yy/archive//xx/yy/filename.txt: <b>Permission denied.</b></i>

>>>>

Check if you have your Archive folder has the <b>write</b> permissions.

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar