Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change tax code in SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are running SRM4.0

I have in customizing maintained two tax codes. One with tax (marked default) and one without tax (marked no tax).

When I create a shopping cart the default tax code is inserted automatically. I want to have the possibility to change the code to the one without tax but it is not possible.

I thought that I would have the possibility to choose among all tax codes maintained in customizing but it is only the default tax code I can see in SC.

Do anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

If you mark any tax code as 'default' in config then it will be picked as default tax code in shopping cart. I am also working on SRM 4.O and I have simulated your scenario in my system. I can't see any strange change in the system.

I have three tax codes in config.

V0 (input Zero tax) - no tax and default indicators are on.

V1 (Input tax 10% ) - No tax and default indicators are off.

VN (Input tax 16%) - No tax and default indicators are off.

I have maintained 'no tax' and 'default' indicator in V0 (Zero tax code) and I am able to change the default tax code (V0) to appropriate one (I1,VN) in shopping cart item detail.

I feel, you have some bug in the system. Pls check the support package level in your system for SRM_SERVER 500. It should be SP 6.

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 957979 could solve my problem.

Thanks to all who was trying to solve my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

Pls remove default check from the customizing for zero tax code and then create shopping cart.

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

Thanks for your quick response.

I have configured the following:

X0 - No tax - Marked in "No tax"

X1 - Tax - 25% - Marked in "Default"

This means that no default check for zero tax code is maintained.

Regards

Jesper Lander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jesper

What happens if you remove the default check from X1 ?

Are you maintaining the default tax codes against the product category in customising ?

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

I have just tried to move the default check from X1 to X0.

This default the X0 (zero tax) into the SC and I have the possibility to see and select the X1 indicator, but this means that the users must change the indicator every time the create a SC.

I think this is strange that this indicator works different and has effekt on the search/change possibility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That does seem strange.

Don't you link the tax code to the product category ? This would default in the correct code and would only then need to be changed under special circumstances.

The IMG path for this is:

Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Tax Calculation -> Determine Tax Code for Country/Product Category

The entries should then be maintained as follows:

I Domestic GB P06020 BEC040 V1

I Domestic GB P06035 BEC040 V1

I Domestic GB P30040 BEC040 V1

I Domestic GB P32010 BEC040 V1

I Domestic GB P48025 BEC040 V1

You should change the country code GB to the one you require.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

May I know where you give this 25% tax rate.

I know there is one FTXP transaction where we give but what the final value I am getting is different.

For me there are two tax codes,

I0 and I1 of which I0 in FTXP no rates and I1 it is 8% and my final output tax in SC for 100USD is 25%.

I dont understand how this 25% sits on the SC.

Kindly suggest.

Sridhar.

srid_sap@yahoo.co.in