cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI required or Not ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just wanna make something clear in my mind about creating contracts in SRM. Could you please take a look my quesitons and let me know what you think ?

1)After creating contracts in SRM XI is required to replicate contract into MM.

2)Could you please explain me little bit detailed the process of replicating contract from SRM to MM ?. How it works technically.It is standart or customized something.

3) How "contract consumption information" ( quantity ordered against contract) is passed back to SRM When order is done on MM(If classic scenario is used ?

Thanks in Advcance,

Regards,

#Bill J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

1) you dont need XI for distributing contracts from SRM to MM the distribution happens through IDOCs .

2) The complete process takes place by implementing Badi's

and adding idocs.

3) The contract that we create in SRM is a GOA and we can create it under the backend product category or products.

System will automatically identifies this relationship.

4) You can use one more option is creating contracts in backend and manually adding them in vendor lists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your information but I need clarification on one thing.

We are planning to use GOA and distributing them to R/3,where orders and following processes will be done(classic scenairo).We also want to check contract utilization (quantity bought through PO against this GOA)using SRM.Is this possible?If yes could you please explain me which are the badis needed to send utilization data(PO quantity) back SRM from R/3?

Thanks in Advance,

#Bill J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

yes that is possible and part of the standard scenario. By setting up the Idoc communication in R/3 to sent back release information to SRM, the utilization of a GOA is tracked. You need to set up Idoc Type BLAREL as an Outbound Parameter and specify IDoc BLAREL02.

Every release order is then sent up to SRM, where you could see the detailed information in the item view under the link "Releases". The BW picks up also that information for several standard reports.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Answers (0)