cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Webdynpro/ESS/MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a requirement for me, need to develop on webdynpro and ESS/MSS. I found one function module and a report which is already developed in ABAP.I need to redesign using webdynpro for above 2 objects. these two objects are placed in the portal version 7.0

please help me in following:

1.How to coonect to java/ABAP. all employee data on ABAP side it seems.

2.if possible provide peice of code for R/3 server connction.

3.apporximate how much time will take to design these 2 objects in webdynpro?

Experts, please help me to learn and get into work.

Thanks in advance

alekhya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Before doing ur new project u have to know all these things then u can start.

for ESS go thru this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/44/2bc9367a23fb68e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

For connecting to BACAEND and accessing the BAPI DATA.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/f0b0e990-0201-0010-cc96-d7ecd2e51715

Ready use code : use this code do u have NWDS U can understood What is the process.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sappor...

And PDF Also available that should helps how to call back end function module and all details

First u can unnderstood all these things then only goahed

For all these things u r familiar then designing is only 4 to 5 hours work only when u r familiar all the properties of the UI design.

Thanks

Lohi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Help me in the assessment of two typical objects which already developed in ABAP and need to redisign using webdynpro.

Those 2 are 1 function module for MSS and one report for ESS.

How much time it will take ?

what sort of things I need to get from the client?

Please help me

Thanks

Alekhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alekhya,

You need to provide more information (which application you are developing, screens you have, functionality you want, are you working on ERP 2004/2005 or on 470 etc)about what are you trying to achieve for anyone to be able to help you.

Your question is too generic which cannot be answered without knowing the context.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subham,

Do you know what is the MSS package vesrion compatable to Develope webDynpro appliaction. I use NWDS 2.0.15 , SAP-R/3 4.6C, EP 6.0, MSS 60.1 . I am not sure if they are compatable. Could you please suggest me the lastest Compatable versions for webdynpro development.

Regards

Maruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohitha,

I am facing problem while customizing the ESS. I used DTR, DC and imported configuration. After that, I created project from one of the DC(say ess/jp/addr). Later when I open an iView from any Web Dynpro component, I am getting lot of errors without even making any modifications.

Can you please let me know how to solve this or any other way to work around this.

It's an urgent issue to be fixed as early as possible, plz help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj.