Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing real time data and reporting by Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

Iam new to Visual Composer and

I have requirement from the client as

1. Real time Transactional data from SAP R/3 viewed as report in any tool.

2. Performance should be fast.

3. The Application area is FICO and volume of data is large.

Please advice me using SAP Netweaver Visual Composer this can be possible or not ?

and let the know the main features of visual composer.

Thanks for ur help in advance

Regards,

A.Wasim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ad 1) use either BAPIs or a remote cube

ad 2) VC is not solving this issue (It's a front end tool, not a performance enhancer). If your backend is slow, VC cannot do anything. You need to use technologies, that are exactly addressing this issue, like BIA, Aggregates, etc.

ad 3) see 1) and 2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

There are lot of disadvantages using remote cube like limited users, larger volume of data affect the performance etc..

If VC is front end tool and what iam looking for is can i do report on VC straight away from SAP (R/3->VC) without using BW and is there any report designing flexibility in VC like BEx tool in BW.

Thanks for ur help

Regards,

A.Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use BAPIs or SAP Query.

1) If you know a BAPI from R/3 that allows you to access R/3 data from FI, then use it; in this case you connect your R/3 system as R/3 system

2) You can alternatively use SAP Query; in this case you connect your system as SAP Query system

In order to model reports on it with VC, you can use the BI Integration Wizard (for XMLA, ODBO, JDBC and SAP Query connections) and/or the SQL/MDX editor (for XMLA, ODBO and JDBC connections)

Note: it does not offer the extensive functionality a BEx tool offers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I suggest.

1. Report from BW solution, not from R/3 for large transactions.

2. When you click on a transaction, you read the details for that individual transaction from R/3. BI within SAP NetWeaver 2004s provide Real-time DataAcquisition so you can get realtime data out of BI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Iam working with BI and real time acquisition is not possible for transactional data of FI module, if it is possible can u explain me in detail.

Thanks for ur help

Regards,

A.Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand your question. Do you have your FI data now in a BI InfoCube or in the R/3 system?

What exactly do you want to know? How to improve performance?

If the data is in BI, you can use BI aggregates or BI Accelerator.

If the data is in the backend, then you have to make sure that your R/3 has a fast hardware and that you do not select too many records (probably through a BAPI?). Here I would refer you to performance documents for R/3 (I do not know a link)