cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to bypass dispatcher in NetWeaver 2004?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have maybe a silly question (still not very familiar with portal): We are running NetWeaver 2004 6.40 SP17 portal with 6 java servers running behind dispatcher. I can see their status by this way: EPP Monitoring > Portal > Select Server > Display. My question is: how to bypass the dispatcher and access these servers directly (e.g. using an html link or script...). Any idea how to (if ever possible)? Thanks for any clue or explanation.

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpolus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

the problem is that the port is configurable at installation time. On a NetWeaver 04 portal, I believe the default was 50000. That should get you to one of the servers. You may try 50100, 50200, etc.

You can also ask who ever did the installation. the other place to look is the webdispatcher configuration file. It would have to know the server and port to dispatch to.

Hope that helps.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

The server port number is based upon the system number chosen at intstallation time. You can determine it like this 5XX00 where XX is your system number. If your system number is 01 then the server port is 50100. Also, in the security section of service market place is a guide called TCP/IP ports used by SAP that provides a very good guide as to all the ports used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to get to J2EE Server0, resp. Server1 as described in this document:

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700008659902004E

but the ports mentioned there are probably internal ports. It doesn´t work in IE...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpolus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

I assume you are talking about the Web Dispatcher sitting in front of your portal servers. Anyway, each portal server has a unique URL. You can call the individual servers directly by url. the url pattern is:

http(s)//<server.corp.com>:<server port>/irj/portal

Hope this helps.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, John,

yes, that is exactly what I meant - thanks for answer. Could you pls give me a clue how to find out that server port?

Ivan