cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

statistics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

would it be possible to publish some more statistics about the SDN itself? Statistics that would kind of help to measure/evaluate the activity of the community.

I am thinking of such things as total number of users, solved to not-solved questions ratio in the forums, total posts, average time a posting is replied to/a question is answered, page impressions for weblogs/articles etc. And all this in a monthly context maybe..

Whatya think, not mission critical, admitted, but still somehow interesting. But don't get me wrong, I really like the SDN, I just think this would give us an idea of how 'big' this site actually is - and how the SDN itself develops (some sort of meta developement of the scene).

Regards,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

As you say, it is not mission critical and a monthly update would be nice, but there are so many other things on our plate.

> I am thinking of such things as total number of

> users, solved to not-solved questions ratio in the

> forums, total posts, average time a posting is

> replied to/a question is answered, page impressions

> for Weblogs/articles etc. And all this in a monthly

> context maybe..

Here just a couple of interesting numbers:

Total users: Beyond 100.000

Median time to first reply: Below 4 hours (I think this is really amazing and thanks to all of you.)

Average number of post per day: 300+

The number that I would like to see lower is percent of open questions as in no reply yet: 25%

No guarantee, but once in a while I will update about this, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark,

interesting figures, as the SDN develops (and the other things on the plate become less maybe one day this could become a regularly updated page somewhere.

Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

> The number that I would like to see lower is percent

> of open questions as in no reply yet: 25%

What about the ones with no points assigned? Perhaps that idea of moderators assigning points that the user has not would be a huge change to that percent.

As for those with no replies, might be nice to have a quick search button for a fourm to list those messages, I've tried in the BSP forum to go back and find the ones without answers and put something in but that was simply by going from page by page of messages.

Answers (0)