cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirecting to normal J2EE web application from web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can i call or redirect to a normal J2EE web application from web dynpro application & vice versa. Will the session information is available?

Thanx & Regards

Ilan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii i have done according to help document

and in the Init method i wrote

public void wdDoInit()

{

//@@begin wdDoInit()

wdThis.wdGetEva_test_suswinInterfaceViewController().wdFirePlugMySuspendPlug("http://90.0.4.100:8080/emp_dev/eva_quiz_user1.jsp");

//@@end

}

i am getting this below runtime exception

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Instance of interface view controller Eva_test_suswinInterfaceView does not exist.

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Component.getController(Component.java:374)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingComponent.getPublicInterface(DelegatingComponent.java:181)

at com.sap.evetstsus.wdp.InternalEva_test_suscompView.wdGetEva_test_suswinInterfaceViewController(InternalEva_test_suscompView.java:140)

at com.sap.evetstsus.Eva_test_suscompView.wdDoInit(Eva_test_suscompView.java:97)

at com.sap.evetstsus.wdp.InternalEva_test_suscompView.wdDoInit(InternalEva_test_suscompView.java:110)

... 35 more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are on NW2004s, you can use the suspend and resume plugs, see here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/68/3aee42c4257176e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Kind Regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

The solution ui suggest ll be helpful if i go for prtal application, mine is J2EE web application developed using jato framework. Is there any other way to communiate?

Thanx

Ilan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony,

Also I haven't checked this functionality myself yet (very old NW04s SP , the documentation AFAIK does not enforce any SAP-specific libraries to be used to resume application, here is a cite:

<b>The External Application</b>

The external application received the URL, which it must use later to call the Web Dynpro application again, in the form of a parameter. This parameter is called sap-wd-resumeurl and consists of the URL of the Web Dynpro application and of a parameter containing the session ID.

====

Any J2EE (and non-J2EE) application may resume WD application. The only thing you need is URL with 2 parameters. It is passed as part of "suspend" -- your (external) application is invoked with this additional parameter (cite again):

<b>Suspend Plug</b>

When the suspend plug is fired, the parameter Url is passed to which you have assigned the URL of the target application. The URL which is required to resume the Web Dynpro application from within the external application is automatically determined by the Web Dynpro runtime and attached as a URL parameter to the URL of the target application passed.

====

So there are should be no problems and no portal API dependencies.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net