Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA - System Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to CUA and need help in determining the pre and Post steps for CUA during the System Refresh. The System Refresh is performed on the Child System and after the Refresh my original users and Role assignments have to overwrite the users and Role Assignments of the Copying System.How do I retain my original User data ?

Are their any guidelines to this process ?

I am researching oss and forums,and so far I don't have any clear procedure.

thanks,

Farah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction SCC8 and select profile SAP_USER to export the users before the restore. Perform the (restore / refresh / redirected restore / client copy) process. Once the restore process is complete use transaction SCC7 to import data that was exported. Your users and role assignments will be the same as before the restore.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Farah,

I think by system refresh you mean system copy.

From system copy perspective follwing steps need to be taken:

pre copy steps:

1. Disconnect CUA. Please go to the child system. Go to TRANSACTION BD64 and delete the ALE model view for CUA.

Subsequently go to parent system. Then to transaction SCUA. In menu bar go to Distribution model and then to Delete. Choose the radiobutton Child System and then give the logical name of the child system.

Post system copy activties:

1. in case the system copy has been performed from parent system of CUA to child system then go to child system and then goto BD64. Delete the exisitng ALE model for CUA. If parent system is not the source system of CUA you can ignore this step. Next Login to parent system. Go to SCUA then change mode and then add the logical system name of child system to it.Next go to SCUG and do user master reconcilliation.for this double click on child system and then under do transfer users wherver it is available.

Frankly these are ideal steps after system copy ahich I follow since there is not much disparity in user master data across systems in my CUA. So even if system copy happens the user master data in child system remains more or less the same.

If at all there is a minor difference I adjust it through SU01 or SU10. However in case there is a major difference then you it becomes a bit complicated. reasons being system copy wil overwrite entire stuff. Whether it is CUA or any other data. Say for example a child role exisits in child system but is not in the source system of system copy then it wont be present after system copy. if there are such issues then let us know. May be we can think

something. otherwise this approach should do the job for you.

Please award points if you found the anwers useful.

regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

I agree with your steps to de-link and then link back the Child System to the Central System.

In my situation, I don't need all the 4000 plus users from my source system with their Role assignments in the Target system.When I link back the Child system and run the SCUG, this will transfer all the unwanted users & assignments into my Central System.

only 99% of our Roles are same and some may be testing Roles etc.

I want to retain my original User data and Roles and assignments and the new data be completely overwritten.

I cant seem to find a clear cut way of doing this without having to run an export and Import.

My approach was to run an export before the Refresh and run an import after the system copy.

I many not even have to delink and link.

what would be my other options????

thanks,

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Farah,

Basically you can control this thing also through SCUG. But I need to know one thing. Is the source system of system copy same as parent system of CUA. This will help me in giving you a better answer.

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Ruchit,

My source System is not the same as the Parent CUA.

System copy is from the PRD to the QA System.CUA is on a separate System used only for Central monitoring services.

By the way, I thought I added the points to the earlier reply. please let me know if maybe I am not saving it right.

thanks,

Farah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farah,

Did you ever get this sorted out, as I've got the same situation - the authorisations are the same in QA as Prod, but they are different in CUA for QA and it is the CUA values that we want.

I know that we could just make a small change in CUA for all users via SU10 and on saving it, all users would then be updated in QA, but that seems like a get out, surely there must be something else ??

Geoff Taylor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farah,

you could export the QA system users out to a transport before performing the PRD -->QA system copy then after the system copy re-import them via the transport. Depending on the component system type (SRM etc) there may be functional/organization structure reasons that this cannot be done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farah,

If you want to keep the users and their role assignment, export the data by submitting the profile SAP_USER before system copy. After system copy import the same. You will get your old users data back.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction SCC8 and select profile SAP_USER to export the users before the restore. Perform the (restore / refresh / redirected restore / client copy) process. Once the restore process is complete use transaction SCC7 to import data that was exported. Your users and role assignments will be the same as before the restore.