cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File --- XI --- SOAP scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where I would be reading a input file and invoke a Soap adapter and then get back the response and write to another output file.

So, i need to configure two asyncronous file adapters(one for inbound and one for outbound) and one synchronous soap receiver adapter right?

What are the other configurations i need to do? am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Madhavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhavi,

I have to do the same scenatio, if possible can you send the screenshots document to hydtevyr@yahoo.com

thanks

sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Thanks..I think I configured BPM correctly now.

In the configuration directory, I need one cc for input file, one cc for output file and one cc for soap receiver right?

also, i need to create one sender agreement and two receiver agreements(one for file and other for soap receiver) right?

I'm trying to configure as above but i'm not able to create the second receiver agreement. Am I missing anything here?

Thanks,

Madhavi

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you are right. Why you are not able to create second receiver agreemet.I.e Sender interface is File Abstract Interface, Sender Service is Integration Process and Receiver Interface is Inbound Async file Interface with Reciever Service for Reciever File system. with Reciever File communication channel.

WHat is the error in the second reciever agreement?

-Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna -- I'm trying to follow the blog u suggested but i've some questions configuring the BPM. BPM configuration is not given clearly in that blog. can you explain me what are the inputs and outputs for BPM steps in that blog?

Thanks,

Madhavi

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhavi~

In the BPM

1) Recieve Step to Receive the File message

2) Send Step with Synhronus mode i.e same message whcih you have received from the file

3) Send the Response to File i.e send step to file

Assuming Mapping is done outside the bpm

i.e 1) File Message to SOAP Req

2) SOAP Resp to Target File Msg

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Yes you can implement the file ---> Xi ---> Soap ---> file with two asynchronous file adapters and one synchronous soap adapter.

As Krishna mentioned you need to import WSDL as external defination in IR. Create a sync inbound interface for the imported WSDL and choose the <b>outgoing web method request</b> in the <i>output message</i> and the <b>response web method</b> in the <i>input message</i>.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Micheal -- I said its 2 asynchronous file adapter configurations...not synchronous...still do I need BPM?

Krishna -- I'm not using RFC at all -- I will be configuring synchronous SOAP receiver adapter with 2 async files adapters. I want to avoid BPM as far as possible. Once this is successful I may want to try it in BPM to see the performance difference with and with out BPM

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>

So, i need to configure two asyncronous file adapters(one for inbound and one for outbound) and one synchronous soap receiver adapter right?</i>

>>Yes you are right.

If you want to achieve these with one single interface, then you need to use BPM here,

It is like this:

1) File is picked by XI - i.e Recieve file message

2) Send this message into Webservice by using Synchronus SOAP Adapter and then get the response back to XI

3) Then send this response to another file thru Receiver File adapter asynchronously.

The given document is RFC I knew that,. But in your case, u need to have SOAP instead of RFC. SO it is similar requirement.

Regards,

moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look into this blog-

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Instead of RFC , call WebService thru SOAP Receiver Adapter.

For this , you need to have wsdl from webservice imported into External Definition in Repository.

For Webservices check this blog-

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to do it in a BPM

receive step (file) - send sync (soap) - send step (file)

as the file adapter cannot work in a sync mode

Regards,

michal