cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM Characteristics Display Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

CCM 1.0 - could someone kindly show me how to edit the display sequence of characteristics in the list display view? This can be done in CCM 2.0 but I'm not sure how to do this in CCM 1.0.

CCM 2.0 - How do I get the characteristics to display the descriptive names vs. the technical names. For example, I want it to display the description Price instead of the ID as /CCM/PRICE.

Regards

HP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

> CCM 2.0 - How do I get the characteristics to display

> the descriptive names vs. the technical names. For

> example, I want it to display the description Price

> instead of the ID as /CCM/PRICE.

HP: where exactly do you fail to display "Price"?

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

The names are displayed in the List Display view. Any how, I figured out what I did wrong. I changed the names but they were not showing up because I forgot to publish the catalog after the changes. The names are showing up correctly now.

Thank you for the response.

HP

PS: Do you know where to look for the display sequence of these characteristics in CCM1.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in CCM 1.0 you can't change the display sequence, this option only came in in CCM 2.0

Cheers

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspected that but thought I should ask in case I was wrong.

Is there a way to make the Display View to take up the entire computer screen instead of a partial screen/view? We have a lot of text-based catalogs that have a long list of GL accounts from which our users can select when they shop. In CCM 1.0, we added a mod and changed a config setting to force the Display View to display contents in full view. In CCM2.0, that view is changed even though our mod/settings are still in effect, the view only takes up half of the screen. Anyone knows how I can change this? Is it in the BSP, config setting, table, etc...???

Thank you for your response.

HP