cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Source to same receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario FLIE-XI-SAP where I am getting files from differnt source.But we are using same IDOC for all files to send data to SAP.The files have differnt format.

Is it possible that I create one interface for all files having different formats or Do I need to create different data types and message Interfaces for each file?

If I create different sender interface for each file then I will have to create all steps in Integration directory for each file.

Is there any other way that we can pick differnt file format using single interface?

Thanks,

Rekha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

Since the files are of different formats obviously you need to go for different communication channel. As there might be CSV file, Excel etc... So if you have different communication channel there definetly differen receiver agreement and same applicable for everything.

1.As you said you need to create different Sender Interface, but you can use the same message types and message mapping. Also you need to have a different Interface mappings.

2. Write a Adapter module so that you can have 1 CC, 1 Sender interface.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your reply.

By saying different file format I mean to say the layout of fields(e.g one file contain 5 fields another contain 2) will be different in each file but all of them are text file.

In that case can we have one data type,one message type ,one sender interface and one communication channel for all files.

>>>>>As you said you need to create different Sender Interface, but you can use the same message types and message mapping. Also you need to have a different Interface mappings.>>>>

How we can have same message type and message mapping if we have defined different sender interface.We will have different sender interface bcos we will be having differnt datatypes(one for each file layout)?

If we have excel spreadsheet then I think we need to pick it using adapter module or can we also take Excel using standard file adapter?

Thanks,

Rekha.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

<i>>>>By saying different file format I mean to say the layout of fields(e.g one file contain 5 fields another contain 2) will be different in each file but all of them are text file.</i>

Oh you mean to say the structure ok fine.

<i>>>>How we can have same message type and message mapping if we have defined different sender interface.</i>

I assumed same strucutre but differeny formats like excel, CSV, Excel. If you have the same strucutre for all these formats you can have same message type but reuse them in all the interfaces.

<i>>>>We will have different sender interface bcos we will be having differnt datatypes(one for each file layout)?</i>

Yes I agree, but at the same time we can also different interfaces but the same data types if the format are different. (For example you can use the same data type for IB interface, ABS interface. There is no rule that you need to have 1-to-1 message type and message interface relation)

<i>>>>if we have excel spreadsheet then I think we need to pick it using adapter module or can we also take Excel using standard file adapter?</i>

You need to use File adapter with adapter module or File adapter with conversion agent.

Thanks,

Prakash

Answers (0)