cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Web design API to export to CSV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was following the instructions in the How to Export Data from Visual Composer and I couldn't finish the second part, chapter 3.2 Using Web design API to export to CSV, it deploys but when I try to click on the button to Export to CSV I see the following error message:

Exception in BI runtime

<b>The metadata of "ITE" "CHART_ITEM" are incorrect for parameter "LEGEND_ONLY"

Initial cause

No message was provided.</b>

And it lists several lines of java.lang.nullpointer exception.

Did some of you had the same problem?

What does this error mean?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Sorry. Probably should have explained this in the how to guide. BEx Web must be setup according to OSS Note 917950 and this presentation:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/2421b12f-0c01-0010-d385-a0f97...

Your particular error is addressed by OSS Note: 924312

Cheers,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

We setup our BEX according to this note when we installed everything for the first time.

At this present moment we are upgrading our Sandbox to Visual Composer SP 9, we had the 7 installed and we were running into all sorts of problems.

I'm hoping this will fix this problem too.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

We are still using VC SP7, due to some installation problems with SP9.

I've been trying to make the export data work, but I haven't had any luck.

When I click on the toolbar button to export to PDF, a window appears to choose the page print layout (scaling factor, margins), after I select a few of this options and click on OK, I get and error: Error while generating PDF, with no other explanation.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Export to PDF uses Adobe Document Services, so this needs to be configured. You can test and configure it per the online help. Also, keep in mind the supported platforms for Adobe Document Services. It does not run on HP-UX IA64, so if this is the platform for you java stack, then you must install ADS on a separate OS, and setup the destination in the Visual Administrator to this other location...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I spoke with our basis team and we use AIX 5.3 Oracle 64 BIT. Is this a problem?

Also when I try to export to excel, it launches Excel but the xls file comes blank, there is no data in the spreadsheet or workbook. And there a window that stays open "Loading".

The "Export to CSV" button is still showing the same problem, <b>The metadata of "ITE" "CHART_ITEM" are incorrect for parameter "LEGEND_ONLY"</b>

Any ideas?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

AIX 5.3 Oracle 64 bit is supported, so it's not a platform problem. Have you ensured that BEx Web is setup correctly:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/2421b12f-0c01-0010-d385-a0f97...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

It's me again...

Now that we have upgraded to SP 9, when I try to export to CSV or xls (excel) I'm get a different error message:

<b>Exception in BI runtime

Initial cause

Field OBJNAME not a member of RSZW_X_TEXTRESOURCE

Stack trace:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (127) JCO_ERROR_FIELD_NOT_FOUND: Field OBJNAME not a member of RSZW_X_TEXTRESOURCE

</b>

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re-active web template 0ANALYSIS_PATTERN from the business content is RSA1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please explain a bit more what you mean?

I have iviews in my VC, why do I need to active web templates?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

The export to CSV or Excel functionality in this how to guide is using the standard SAP BEx Web Analyzer iView as part of the Business Intelligence solution. It's not using any VC functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the export to PDF from Visual Composer include the Graphs as grphical objects? Or does it just export table data?

BR

Robin

Answers (0)