cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I find it rather frustrating that one puts time in reading and answer forum posts and the original poster doesn't care to reward anybody for the effort. My suggestion would be to automatically reward all the posts after X time if the original poster doesn't do it. And if the poster still post questions without rewarding, he should be excluded after the Xth time. Btw, I'm not a point hunter at all (I've only 26 points or so).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

the problem, that you get points from poster X and don't get some from poster Y will exist as long as SDN will exist. <b>But</b> IMHO the main intention of any contributor on SDN should be, well, just to contribute without asking for "Thank you"s and/or points. Locking somebody out for not rewarding is a total overclocking of the reward system from my point of view. Where will you stop then? One logical consequence of locking somebody out for not rewarding would be to lock somebody else out for not giving a correct answer (like i also did, for example in this ). If you insist, you could start opening a personal "black list" of posters, which didn't reward your answers once or twice or whatever.

On the other hand, an automated rewarding is actually impossible, since it's (at the moment, because of the existing restrictions in artificial intelligence) not possible to rate an answer without human interaction. There are already some "helpful hands" which scan the forums for unrewarded answers (although the decisions which answer in case of multiple answers gets how many points is not always reasonable).

Regards

Stefan

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course, one can sometimes give the wrong answer and that's OK for me. Sometimes it has to do with a vague problem description or the poster meant something else after all. There is also the factor that not everybody is a native english speaker. Making mistakes is human, no.

Exclusion is indeed somewhat drastic.

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had also the impression, that newcomers don't know the reward points system.

May be in the 'Post Message: Reply' window the reward point possibility should be always there, so if they reply, it would be front of their eyes.

It might help...

Peter

PS: Another drastic solution, if you don't get points, just go back and delete your post....sorry, just kidding:-))))

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's indeed a good suggestion.

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

We are not happy with the current situation either and have specked out some improvements months ago. Unfortunately the developer working on it for SAP got called to a customer project and has only very limited time left for the improvements.

So it is frustrating also on our side, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at the success of FireFox you should make the software available as OpenSource, at least the SDN specific additions. With all the knowledge in this forum we would get lots of exciting features.

Only half kiddin'

Dirk

Answers (0)