cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faxing inside of mySAP 2004 ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please excuse me if this is in the wrong section or if it is a dumb question. I just got hired to learn SAP/ABAP (I know nothing now) and the first task they gave me was to investigate a better way to fax inside of SAP. Right now we use Fax Commander but we are upgrading to ECC 5.0 and they would like another application that can integrate with SAP to allow faxing, email, etc.. of documents. The little research I did so far pointed me to DeliveryWare. Has anybody used it or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a client who uses DeliveryWare very successfully. It's configured as an LPR destination, so from SAP's standpoint it's just another printer. Once the output is delivered to the device, DeliveryWare can parse it to determine the routing (fax, email, etc). Other common Faxing solutions I've seen implemented are TopCall and RightFax, both of which integrate via SAPConnect (tcode SCOT).

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich, I am looking at both RightFax and DeliveryWare. We are looking at getting something that will fax as well as email (to multiple people [distribution list]) purchase orders, invoices, etc... In your opinion which product would better suite my needs? I just got off the phone with a Regional Sales Manager from Merkur Group and he gave me some great information on DeliveryWare but I have yet to speak to somebody about RightFax so I can't compare them right now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

I have implemented Topcall, RightFax, and the Esker Deliveryware on multiple clients. With out bias I can honestly say that Eskers Deliverware Suite is by far the superior product. (obviously at a cost)

We have actually just completed upgrading our current sites Pulse faxing solution to the latest version of Esker Deliverware (still interfacing the Faxing solution via SAPConnect). It works seemlessly out-of-the-box for both fax, email, and mail-on-demand.

Esker provide a two day training course to cover both administration, and then the development of "rules" via their rules engine/wizard.

Very flexible product, but not the simplest to learn or develop your rules/conditions in (its all based around "fields"). However, once mastered, you won't ever look back.

Cheers

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shau,

I've read very interested your reply in this thread.

Actually we're trying to configure Esker Deliveryware v. 4.0 with SAP ECC 6.0 without success.

In our configuration the user, using trans ME22N, create a new message, put the fax number and send it. Then via SCOT transaction the fax is sent correctly.

The problems start when we expect the notification by Faxserver. It doesn't arrive by a problem of logon failed. We have changed password of fax user used, and also we have created a new user. We, also, have unlock various time the user but without result.

Besides we are in un upgrade project, we have tried to made same solution on

Production system (but on SAP 4.6c version) and all is running correctly.

Do you known if there are some incompatibilites between Esker and ECC 6.0 ?

Any suggestion and help will be very appeciated.

Regards,

Corrado

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

CaptainKP
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Currently upgrading from 4.6C to ECC6.0. Use DeliveryWare 4.0 solution for faxing and emailing from SAP (4.6c) using SMTP (INT) setup. During ECC6.0 test runs, sending an email via message output for a PO, it by passes Esker and sends the email out using standard SAP SMTP node. So therefore, Esker config rules are not applied on the email sent out.

Has anyone come accross this issue or have any options on how to setup the address area using SCOT to accommodate this?

Cheers

Kirk

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've only seen RightFax used for fax delivery. I've seen DeliveryWare configured to route to either Fax or Email based on the output contents. However, you can do something similar with output determination within SAP, and route the email directly.

If I were you, I'd have both vendors set up a demo for you (either live or via web conference) so you can weigh the pros and cons of both solutions and compare them on equal footing...

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

For connecting the SAP system use SAPconnect (transaction SCOT). Read the concerning <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/d925bf4b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm">help files</a> about SAPconnect.

You can use mail through any SMTP-Server (sendmail, Exchange, etc.). For FAX we use XPRESSIONS from Siemens, but there are many others out there.